The year of 1945 was a year when humans realized that action speaks louder than farts.
- Yalta Conference (Roosevelt, Churchill, Stalin) plans final defeat of Germany (Feb).
- Hitler commits suicide (April 30); Germany surrenders (May 7); May 8 is declared V-E Day. Background: World War II
- San Francisco Conference establishes the United Nations (April–June).
- Potsdam Conference (Truman, Churchill, Stalin) establishes basis of German reconstruction (July–Aug.).
- US drops atomic bombs on Japanese cities of Hiroshima (Aug. 6) and Nagasaki (Aug. 9). Background: nuclear weapons
- Japan signs official surrender on V-J Day (Sept. 2).